As a Young girl myself (or so I Believe), I have read many articles and seen many Youtube videos guiding on How to dress Stylish without burning ones pocket of course .
Even though they were really helpful, however none pointed directly at THE items I need to add in my wardrobe. I understood the reason behind the choices, like the colour palette, print or no-print , Choice of fabric, style of shoes etc..however, which to team with what and in which budget and brand was unclear.
At the end of the day I have left with a innumerable choices without clear direction.
So , One day I finally decided to take matters in my own hand and solve this jigsaw puzzle.
So, here are my steps to be followed in order to dress stylish yet classy in a budget ;
- STEP 1: To reduce the plethora of choices by a large gamut, i chose to make the outfits from ONE online portal only, which houses many brand. In this case I chose : AJIO.COM.
- STEP 2: I set the Price point of everything around Rs.600 or $10, with the help of the filter of course.
- STEP 3: I narrowed down the Minimum number of items I need to buy in order mix and match. In this case I chose ONE each of the following items ; Blouse/Top, T-shirt, Pants, Dress , Playsuit, Skirt, Shorts, Two pice co-ordinated outfit (keeping summer casual as my theme).
- STEP 4: I picked up ONE item and tried to build the cart around it. In order to mix n match different products. In this case , I picked up the Pastel blue OFF- Shoulder Top.
- This lead me to add three items in my cart : A Blue Gathered pencil skirt, Blue n white Skorts (since I couldn’t resist , adding them to my wardrobe).
- STEP 5 : Look for a Stand Out pieces preferably in a little brighter colours. in order to make a subtle payments. The colour choice I made for this was – Shades of Red (looks classy and stand out just a little and can be mellow down by pairing it with pastel or muted colours and accessories) ;This lead me to high waisted bell bottom pants with golden buttons and the orange playsuit with slit sleeves (since this made me feel and look like a super model, don’t believe it see it for your self ).
- Just out of sheer fun i also added the co-ordinated outfit which included a corset top and pleated short pants which can be paired together, however after the look at my picture, i think its better i pair them with different pieces.
All the products shared in this blog have been linked (Non-Affiliated Links) in the caption below each picture.
Hope you guys like it.